T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Kind of rough what do you mean? Depending on the ink deposit, mesh count, ink brand, and other factors will depend on what the ink feels like on the shirt.

You don't need as much ink on lights so you'll get a much lighter deposit, but on darks you'll need a heavier deposit so it may seem more "rough," not sure if thats quite what you mean though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is screenprinting a difficult process to learn? My local screenprinter says it is not hard and has some equipment he would sell me at a discount but I wanted to ask everyone's opinion before I got in over my head. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Natitown said:
Is screenprinting a difficult process to learn?
Depends what you're trying to do. Basic one colour printing is very easy. Simple two colour with loose registration is easy. After that it starts getting harder.

It's easy to master the basics, and if you have the patience and the motivation you could slowly build up from there. It would be easier to get started if you have access to a short course (even a one day introduction) in your area, but you don't need a heap of training for the basics.

I'd guess the hardest part for those starting out is having access to good equipment (which means a lot more than just a t-shirt carousel and a couple of squeegees).

Natitown said:
My local screenprinter says it is not hard and has some equipment he would sell me at a discount but I wanted to ask everyone's opinion before I got in over my head. Thanks.
Could be a good opportunity if you're interested in taking the plunge, but it would be worth (if possible) getting the advice of someone who can check the equipment and tell you if you're buying a dud.

It might be that you're getting in over your head, but that would depend on you and what you bring to the table. It's one of those things where bits of it will make you want to scream and pack it all in, and bits will be so rewarding you wonder why you ever doubted yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts