T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made my own platen and use vinyl as emulsion. My prints come out smeared, textured and thick. I have used speedball and vesatex ink but neither seem to help. I am using a 110 mesh 20"-24" screen. A 16 inch 65 durometer squeegee.

After researching, I think my off contact and the big squeegee is problem but i am not sure. In a lot of the videos i see their ink looks much thicker than mine also.

Please help,
Chandler

· Registered
57 Posts
I used vinyl and speedball ink, and 110 mesh before. I got good results. I used a dime and nickel for off contact. Sharp edge 70 durometer squeegee. BTW I printed with a Ryonet silver press and their aluminum screens. Good luck.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok i was printing with really no off contact. I just got a new 12 inch 70 duro squeegee that might help. The 16 in would ride on top of the pads i use for off contact and not press the screen down. A nickel is 1/16 of a inch so 2 stacked should work perfect. I hope this will work.

Thanks,
Chandler

· Registered
57 Posts
I put it on the squeegee side. I might try it on the shirt side next. I prefer using QTX premixed emulsion with my 500 watt work light. Get a scoop coater, emulsion, work light, and give it a try. I watched plenty of youtube videos. Now im getting better at it and less messy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.