T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello T shirt lovers out there. I would like to know the exact method of screen printing multi colour transfer using photochromic plastisol inks. Usually with regular plastisol inks one needs to cure the ink through a dryer before it can be printed onto whatever. I can understand this if it's just one colour but how does one do it when you have muliti colours of photochromic inks. Is it ok to screen print the transfers in all their colours say 4 colours and then cure it, or do it one at a time? If done individ. then the 1st colour will have been cured 4 times, what then would happen to the first colour, I fear it might be over cured and therefore lose it's UV capabilities. Can anyone help?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
From what I've always understood about plastisol transfers you need to run each color layer through the dryer before printing the next color. I would assume that you would do the same with this ink as well. Though I could be wrong (that's been known to happen).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.