T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
We use masking tape, blue painter's tape, and when we have it, split face tape. That's the special tape!! Don't leave masking tape on your screens and frames for days, you will have a hard time cleaning it off!

· Registered
36 Posts
i use it for everything
I lean to the natural rubber adhesive tape for 2 reason one it is 2.50 a roll for 2inchx110yrds that makes a considerable difference over masking tape costs here which are close to 5 to 8 dollars a roll.The other is it pulls clean from the screen no tape residue left behind and that makes for a easier cleanup. I also use scotch tape for those annoying pin holes but prefer to use block out on them.

· Registered
1,448 Posts
We use pmi quick rip for backs. Has a stripe with no adhesive, so pulling is easiest.
Th uline rubber adhesive tape in thicker mils.Using this less as the pmi tears easier.
For the amount of screens we do (100 plus a day), easy tape use is worth more than a few cents a screen in tape cost.

Plus any tape failure on the floor is worth more than the tape cost.

· Registered
36 Posts
I can tell you its not pennies at a 100 screens per day that on just a 5 day work week and 52 weeks a yr using pmi split tape makes your cost for tape per year 12,987.00 dollars. That is based on 23x31 screen size one roll does 20 screens and at 9.99 a roll that is 50.00 per day.
I can tell you my cost per yr for the same size screen with the same production amount is 1,820.00 per yr that is a 11,167.00 dollar per yr difference. The amount of clean up time for the same amount of screen would depend upon what you pay that person my guy make minimum wage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.