T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

just trying to estimate the % of the T-Shirt Printing business I'm going to generate just getting into the biz! :D

·
Registered
9,253 Posts
percent of what?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts

·
Registered
9,253 Posts
The 2005 IMPRESSIONS Decorated Apparel Universe Study of the Screen Printing Industry provides an overview of the $14.4 billion screen printing industry and its place in the $46.1 billion decorated apparel market.
The best thing is nobody needs any of this stuff but they buy it anyway:D It seems like it is impossible to saturate this type of markent.

·
Registered
9,253 Posts
Here is what I found out just in our local area.

An individual shop with one person can do about $200K gross per year.

A shop with several employees and the owner doing sales can do up to about $1 Million gross per year.

A dedicated outside sales person can generate up to $300,000 in gross sales per month for orders averaging $5,000-$25,000 each.

While the focus here seems to be with internet sales the real sales of every local shop around me is happening within 50 miles of the shop. People just like to see something before they buy it, I think.

Reactions: marker13

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
While the focus here seems to be with internet sales the real sales of every local shop around me is happening within 50 miles of the shop.
For most screen printing shops, I think their main focus is their local market.

The ones on the ball have just also tapped into the internet sales as well (which can help during "slower" periods).

The internet sales focus (for this forum at least) is mostly related to those members who are selling their own clothing line/brand of t-shirts, not necessarily for the members who are strictly printers (although there are internet sales to be had for printers as well).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey,

putting together a business plan, had know idea of the kind of $$$ generated printing T-Shirts. Now I do.

Thank you all for the input!

I'll be back!:)

Chris

·
Registered
227 Posts
PRESMINC said:
Hey,

putting together a business plan, had know idea of the kind of $$$ generated printing T-Shirts. Now I do.

Thank you all for the input!

I'll be back!:)

Chris
To give you an idea of how big the demand is here in our corner of the world...in a 30 mile radius there are dozens of screen printers and very few have an actual store front Some dont even have a sign out front if they do have a store front.... and yet they are all backed up with orders... my nearest competitor works out of a barn on his property with no advertisement what-so-ever other then a one line entry in the yellow pages.... The next closest has a store front and cant handle the work...he contracts alot of printing out to me because he is a single press operation..... Theres been a few come an go but they always failed because of poor quality.... If you learn the trade, theres no shortage of demand ... small AND BIG businesses, city governments, schools, churches, the list goes on and on.... oh yea and this time of year we are pure slammed doing shirts for family reunions.... some of these families are quite surprizingly large.... Wishing you good luck in your venture..... Chuck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts