T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm looking for a simple screen printing set up, just a one colour system, maybe one of those clamp things that you attach to a work top.

I would like any info on UK suppliers, I have googled but can't really find what I'm after.

Thanks in advance

Lee

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Derek, looks like I might order from the the US but theres the shipping and a tax we have to pay here to recieve the item! I'll have to work out which is best.

I had another look around and found a frame type thing to screw to a bench but it's £110 ($200) + postage, that does not include the frame. I was looking for something a bit cheaper or even a used one.

Lee

·
Registered
214 Posts
Probably not what you were looking for, but you could buy a pair of door hinges and screw them into the frames and to the table. I don't know much about england, but I'm sure they have hardware stores.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dan, we do have a hardware store ;)

Good idea but i wanted something already done so i did'nt have to mess about too much.

Lee

·
Registered
214 Posts
Are you handy at all? You could make your own rig out of 2 door hinges, a short length of 2x4 (not sure of the uk equivalent) and 2 C clamps screwed to the sides. Look at the arm in the "free 4 color press plans" thread to see what I mean.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that is a good idea, I'm sure i can follow those plans to build a smaller 1 or 2 colour press.

I did'nt really want to make my own but it looks like it's either that or spend £100 - £200.

Not that I'm cheap or anything!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Now that is a good idea, I'm sure i can follow those plans to build a smaller 1 or 2 colour press.

I did'nt really want to make my own but it looks like it's either that or spend £100 - £200.

Not that I'm cheap or anything!
My favorite thing about silk screening is if you have a saw and a drill, you don't have to pay for much.

As long as I live, you will never see me spend money on an exposure unit. I'm more than capable of building a box.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree Dann, I'm like that with DIY, I at least try to do things myself, might not always do well but!

Thanks Ian, I saw that one this morning and sent a contact form asking questions but still waiting for a reply.

There is also one similar on Ebay (spits on the floor) for £120 but looking at the sellers feedback people have only been paying £80 by making offers.

Lee

·
Registered
88 Posts
ave

Hi folks.. just noticed this thread and thought you might like to know my experience with this company mentioned above. I would stay clear of them personally. I once ordered from them and heard nothing for 10 days. When I complained they gave me nothing but abuse and suggested I go elsewhere. Plus the their products are not too good either.
If you are looking for professional equpment or chemicals I can highly recommend Screen Printing in York from Steve Wood Services . He gives fantastic service and good prices, plus he can get hold of just about anything connected with screenprinting. Good companies are worth sticking with in my experience.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are not the first to comment on Wicked, it is hard to find places decent palces these days!

·
Registered
16 Posts
ave

Hi folks.. just noticed this thread and thought you might like to know my experience with this company mentioned above. I would stay clear of them personally. I once ordered from them and heard nothing for 10 days. When I complained they gave me nothing but abuse and suggested I go elsewhere. Plus the their products are not too good either.
If you are looking for professional equpment or chemicals I can highly recommend Screen Printing in York from Steve Wood Services . He gives fantastic service and good prices, plus he can get hold of just about anything connected with screenprinting. Good companies are worth sticking with in my experience.
I can agree with the post above regarding Steve Wood services. I received my order the next day, and the prices were very reasonable.

Regardsing hinge clamps, you can also get them from here (scroll down the screen and you'll see two different types) I'm purchasing a pair soon, and will post some pix up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts