T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi George. I think that are are probably asking a question, about something that nobody has ever done before.

Sublimation inks are designed to go through inkjet printers, using Epson printheads. The ink is deposited onto tranfer paper that is fed into the printer. The resulting ink is dry to the touch, but gets reactivated when it is subjected to heat and pressure.

The only 'type' of sublimation ink you can get, is sublimation ink. There are no special variants of it readily available for use outside of an inkjet printer. Whether the particle size of the sublimation ink is small enough to go through the screen mesh, you are only going to find out by experimenting. I will tell you now though, that sublimation ink is very expensive, so you don't want to be wasting too much of it.

You can use regular sublimation transfer paper. It only costs a few cents a sheet, so no point in looking for a cheaper alternative.

I am sure that lots of people reading this thread are curious as to why you want to screen print with sublimation ink? Would you care to enlighten us, as we are always interested in new ideas.

Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Right. If you are looking to do large format, then you are going to be looking at buying your sublimation transfer paper in rolls, as the biggest size readily available in cut sheets is only around 12" x 17".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.