T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
ok..so how does the price of sublimation ink for silk screening compare to sublimation ink used in a inkjet printer? I never even knew there was such a thing as sublimation ink for silk screening. it seems you would be laying down alot of ink when you silk screen a transfer. at least more than is necesarry to sublimate a t-shirt. am I right? if you are going to silk screen..why not just use plastisol inks and print directly to the t-shirt and avoid the whole process of having to buy polyester shirts and then heat pressing them? or use plastisol inks to silk screen transfers..this way you can heat press them to any color cotton shirt..also avoiding you the cost of a polyester t-shirt.

·
Registered
197 Posts
since he wasn't too specific about what he was going to print on..i assumed it was t-shirts. I figured plastisol inks would be cheaper to use if all he wanted to print were vector style graphics. I never knew there was sublimation inks for silk screening..but I guessed they would cost more than plastisol inks.

so how does this process work if you want a multicolor design? can you flash cure one color and then silk screen another on the same transfer with the sublimation inks? I'm really interested in learning more about this method.

·
Registered
197 Posts
well I print mostly t-shirts so I dont think this method is for me. I sublimate when the design is too complex for silk screening...or when its a one or two tee order. At least now i know that this sublimation ink exist. In case i may need it someday. I can't help but learn something new everytime i come in here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.