T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been Screen Printing shirts for about a year. A customer just asked if we could screen print the back of a stadium chair. I have no idea how to do this. Can I do this with plastisol ink? Cure the same? How do I make sure the back of the chair stays stuck to the platen incase in needs more than 1 coat. The back of the chair slides off which makes it easier. What is the best way to do this? Here is a picture of the back of the seats.

Attachments

· Registered
93 Posts
Here at our shop we just use plastisol ink, and print it like anything else. We use ELT (Extreme Low Temp.) ink which flashes at a really low temp. The only trouble we run into with the seat backs is that they might shrink a little bit with the first flash. So, we put it on the pallet and flash it before we even print.

Also, we have our flash unit turned down to a bare minimum. The hotter the flash the more shrinkage there will be. Other than that print it just like you would a shirt.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not really sure of the material. They just gave me the backs and there is no tag. I will ask if there is a tag in the other part of he chair. Will adhesive hold this to the platen for a second hit after flash?

· Registered
274 Posts
I do these quite a bit, but with vinyl. You could screen print them but, as has been stated, the material is rough and can be harder to get a smooth, detailed print. They are 100% poly. I've only ever done vinyl as I don't want to deal with setup, cutting, and tear down. I usually do orders of 6 or 12 at a time though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.