T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just would like to know if there is a big difference with screen printers quality when i am only printing Words no actual design, i am getting a few volatile quotes and i would like to save the money if i can but quality is my main concern. Thank you for any help you can give would truly appreciate it. :)

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K, im completely new btw. ive been looking around for a screen printer to do my shirts i am only doing words with white ink no other colors and i've been getting different prices some as high as $4 a shirt plus the screen those guys seem more established, but i have also received much lower quotes from guys not as established meaning working from their house so my question is if im save (since im only printing words) going with the lower quotes even tho it seems a little shady.. if i was printing big designs i think i would go with the more established guys.

· Registered
277 Posts
What size print runs are you talking about? There are tons of factors involved with pricing. I know guys that are printing out of their garage for 20 years and can Print just about anything you want perfectly. I also know guys that opened a shop without any knowledge and are learning the hard way that its not so easy. So I guess to answer your question... Ask whoever you are interested in using to show you some if their work with white ink. Then you will know who to use. Most places keep some job samples laying around.

· Registered
8,374 Posts
Just cause someone prints out of their house doesn't make them not able to do the same quality as a shop. I have printed out of my garage for 5 years and to be honest I would put my work up against any other shop around me for quality even the guys with the autos. yes I am usually cheaper cause I don't have the overhead.

That being said there are a lot of guys who can't print quality even some with shops. Ask to see examples they have printed. Tell them your expectations up front. Look at some examples of multicolored and look for misregistration

· Registered
875 Posts
I work from home and am actually higher than some shops around. Good for me!

Anyway, as far as words vs. a design, a print is a print, regardless of what it says/looks like in most cases. If it's just words it's really not any easier than a design of the same print size. It all depends on quantity really, the more shirts, the cheaper the printing will be per piece.

· Registered
1,318 Posts
I borrowed this from a fellow forum member.. " cheap isn't quality and quality isn't cheap"
With that said .. It really doesn't matter if you print in a 5,000 shop or in the middle of the woods. You either have the skills or you don't.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.