T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a bit of problem when screen printing on T-

I have the cracklings white lines on the print, which is affecting the quality of my T-shirts

I’ve taken a photo of it, does anyone know how to prevent these crackling lines from occurring?

Thanks
Textile Sleeve Wood Tints and shades Pattern
Textile Sleeve Wood Tints and shades Pattern

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see what you are trying to do, I assume you are using a fine mesh? I believe that you could not achieve your desired effects by using an open mesh? I would consider laying a clear underneath then spot dry and possibly you can get your desired effect. I never tried that, but It may not be a bad idea. let me know if it worked for you? I am curious?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its hard to see what you are referring to for me? Is it the denser line of ink that's appearing?
Are you making sure your screen is clear of dust before printing? (jet wash down and dry)
Are you making sure your screen is completely clear of water after this?
Is your off contact even?
Or it looks like you have got lumps in your printing board/platen or your shirt isn't flat on the platen?
Hand Leg Human body Sleeve Rectangle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also, your screen may be retaining ink after a pass and it is clumping up after you do the next one. Make sure you have a good even stoke on your pass, if it doesnt work out, do a second dry pass and see if that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts