T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am in need of some help. Seeing that this forum shares so much expertise and knowledge in the apparel industry I was hoping for you guys to help me make a decision....

I am in the process of starting an online apparel business, and the dilema i am facing at present is whether or not to use a screen printer for my tees or to purchase custom heat transfers.

I have been considering heat transfers only because I can create my product on demand and will not have to waste any tees. I have roughly 10 designs to begin with and it is hard to forecast how many of each design will actually sell.

Given the high price for screen printing on runs up up to 50 prints i was thinking it may be cheaper and to order custom heat transfers. This way if my forecasting is incorrect i will only ware the price of any excess heat transfers, which can be used if the tee is wanted at a later date.

I am looking at purchasing a heat press and doing it that way. Do you guys think that this is the best way to start out and is the quality of heat transfers good?

Also if anyone has any reccomendations of who they have delt with (custom heta transfer manufacture) that would be greatly decision.

Im totally open to criticsm I just want to make an educated decision....

By the way has any one found a new AA distributer in AUS.

Thanks heaps in advance.

Nathan :)

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I think making your shirts with transfer(plastosol) is a great way to go. This allows you the control over your inventory. .... JB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks! do you know any good places that manufacture plastisol transfers and also of any quality heat presses. Im relatively new to the Tee game and all the help is greatly apreciated. By the way i orded some tees from AS color in NZ and the prices and quality of some prodcuts seem quite good. They are meant to be an Aus/NZ distributer of AA. ALso the identitee t shirt is quite good. It is a good cut for not a large colour selection.

Where is everyone getting there Tees from now??

Cheers

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Nate, I can't help you on the vendors you need to use, I would ask in the referral section for vendors near you. Good luck ... JB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts