T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started printing on a black vinyl. I am currently using a gloss vinyl white ink. I can start off great, but then after doing 15-20 it seems that maybe the screen starts leaving spots. Does anyone have any advise? I am using a 230 mesh and coating both sides one time with emultion...also seem to be having problems with getting a crisp edge on my letters. THANKS!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
You're screen printing onto vinyl? I didn't know you could do that. Is this how you make vinyl signs (like No Smoking) that have white ink on a red sign?

·
Registered
76 Posts
your ink might be drying off on the screen - add a bit of reducer (ask your ink supplier) to your ink and that should let you do a good run without having to clean your screen.
Also a word of caution, if you are using regular emulsion, your screen emulsion will probably break down when you try to clean it. You should be using Capillary film instead - you will need to expose it at least 10 times longer - depending on your exposure unit.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You're screen printing onto vinyl? I didn't know you could do that. Is this how you make vinyl signs (like No Smoking) that have white ink on a red sign?

Most mandatory signs are screen printed, same as traffic signs.btw the no smokings signs are usually printed with red ink on a white vinyl.

·
Registered
584 Posts

Most mandatory signs are screen printed, same as traffic signs.btw the no smokings signs are usually printed with red ink on a white vinyl.
What exactly do you mean "mandatory signs"? After reading what I wrote, I figured it might be easier to print red on white vinyl. Which kind of vinyl do you use? The same kind you would feed through a plotter/cutter?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am screen printing on a vinyl material that is used to make items...not the vinyl that is used in heat transfer.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My information is that you can use sign vinyl for screen printing,however you should check with the ink suppliers to see what type of ink is suitable.
Mand atory signs are like the ones you see ie. No Entry, No smoking, Danger, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts