T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with silk screening on corrugated cartons?

I am pretty sure there is special ink out there such as Nazdar 9700 which air dries but I am not sure how I would get the the corrugated carton to stay on the pallet without moving.

Is there any special attachments made for this? Is there any crucial tips that I shoyuld know before trying this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! One of my best clients is asking if I can do this. I really hope It is possible.

I have an automated and a manual press. I assume the manual would be the best bet.

· Registered
200 Posts
Anyone have any experience with silk screening on corrugated cartons?

I am pretty sure there is special ink out there such as Nazdar 9700 which air dries but I am not sure how I would get the the corrugated carton to stay on the pallet without moving.

Is there any special attachments made for this? Is there any crucial tips that I shoyuld know before trying this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! One of my best clients is asking if I can do this. I really hope It is possible.

I have an automated and a manual press. I assume the manual would be the best bet.
Great link with video...
Print Your Own Cardboard Or Corrugated Boxes In Seconds

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
You can use spray tack to hold it to your platen. Any general purpose solvent ink will work on cardboard. Also Matsui waterbase inks will work.
I wouldn't use spray tack, it's not necessary. The corrugated carton will be heavy enough that it won't move. Not only that, but if you spray your platens, you have a chance of transferring the adhesion to the carton.

Simply placing a line of tape for the edge of the carton will give you placement. It's pretty simple and I wouldn't be concerned about anything moving. I have printed many cartons and never did anything more than that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.