T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i had a major disaster today while doing a clients order (note to self) dont print on poly mailers with any kind of plastisol or waterbased ink so anyways i was stupid enough to do so and i saw that the water based ink was running off even after i dried it so i decided to mix it with plastisol ink (never do that) it just became a giant gloopy mess the ink was freaking hard to move around the screen so i went to wash off the ink but yet i still have a little bit of gloopy ness off ink inside the mesh do any of you guys know a good way to remove ink all the way with home equipment

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Joe's probably right about needing to re-mesh the screen, but you could try dehazer and a pressure hose if you wanted to. Dehazer is 1) Toxic, and 2) Effective at clearing most screens. So it mostly depends which of those two you find more important. Personally I avoid it as much as possible, and I wouldn't use it for home use.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
But dehazer is going to work on the ghosting, not removing the ink combo.
First, wipe out the screen and remove all that you can. use small pieces of cardboard and carefully scrape.
Then, use screen wash to remove the plastisol ink. Then, use a pressure washer.
follow by emulsion remover and then the dehazer.

good luck to ya

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I have never used dehazers before but I heard from someone who has used them, that it helps removed ink cloggings and emulsions. Actually, he said he used it frequently when reclaiming screens including the sometimes inevitable clogged screens.

Like Lewis. he does not advice I use it though as I print from home.

I do use dehazers and it's really just to get out the ghost images (stained) in your screens.

Along that line, most emulsion removers remove the emulsion only, not ink too. There are some that do both, but it's definitely not a given that they would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.