T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone, was just wondering, what are all of your methods for printing light ink on dark shirts? Flash print cure? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Air, what do you mean by light ink? is it the color that is light? If it is the color, you can use Superwhite as your base for color mixing, because superwhite has better opacity than other bases and you can only mix light colors to the superwhite. Take note that you should be careful in mixing pigments to superwhite because your print might bleed during washing, this is based on the Superwhite of TULCO, not sure of the others.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
HI everyone, was just wondering, what are all of your methods for printing light ink on dark shirts? Flash print cure? Thanks in advance!

If you're printing on a 50/50 shirt, yeah you could start with a light flash, but otherwise if you're printing on a 100% cotton, you'd more than likely print/flash/print/cure.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am just referring to printing white on a black shirt. Any special emulsion coating techniques for this? Any registration issues when doing the print/flash/print?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I am just referring to printing white on a black shirt. Any special emulsion coating techniques for this? Any registration issues when doing the print/flash/print?

Use the appropriate emulsion...there are emulsions for plastisol inks as well as emulsions for use with waterbased inks/discharge inks.

You always want to have your registration locked in no matter what.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I am doing my first multi colored job Monday. What does flashing the shirt first do?

A flash unit is used to gell an ink so that if you print and it's not enough coverage on the shirt, you 'flash it' just long enough for the heat to dry to the touch, not cure, then you let it cool down, then print your next color or the next layer of color.
If you have colors that touch, you need to flash so that your colors don't dirty.
Or if you print a underbase, you'll need to flash before you print your top colors.
Flash units are also used by some as their final cure.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Celtic said:
A flash unit is used to gell an ink so that if you print and it's not enough coverage on the shirt, you 'flash it' just long enough for the heat to dry to the touch, not cure, then you let it cool down, then print your next color or the next layer of color.
If you have colors that touch, you need to flash so that your colors don't dirty.
Or if you print a underbase, you'll need to flash before you print your top colors.
Flash units are also used by some as their final cure.
I know what the Vladimir but why would u flash the shirt before u print what does heating the shirt do?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I know what the Vladimir but why would u flash the shirt before u print what does heating the shirt do?

The only time you'd need/want to flash a shirt before printing is if it's a 50/50 so that the heat shrinks it (if it's going to) before you start laying ink and getting a shift (movement) if you then flash after laying down your first layer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts