T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,

Just a bit of background to put you in the picture, I used to live in Thailand and have a basic screen priniting business where most of the hard work was done for me, I would give my design to someone and the next day I would have have the screenblock.

I would then go to this shop JIDANO SCREEN CO., LTD.
to buy the ink and away I would go and print off a load of shirts and everything was nice and easy.

Well I am now back in the UK with my blocks and a limited supply of the ink I used to use, my wife who is Thai tells me that the only explanation for the type of ink is rubberlite.

All I had to do with this ink is apply it to the t shirt and then iron over it a while later.

We are only doing this on a small scale, so I wondered if someone can tell me which inks I can use to print on t shirts and just iron over to cure/set it.

I am realising although I was quite an accomplished printer in Thailand, most of the hard work and knowledge was not mine, so coming back here I dont know what inks i should be using, what the diference in kinds of inks are etc, making me feel very foolish.

Somebody please help I am just priniting on T shirts mainly light coloured cheap ones that i buy from Ebay or polo shirts (gildan FOTL etc)

Hope I havent bothered you too long and may thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
112 Posts
Waterbased textile inks are what you need. Simply print,allow to dry and iron for a full cure.Alternatively you could buy a heat gun from a diy store or ebay and dry and cure in one go.You can also with most waterbased inks buy a catalyst to add to the ink which fully cures the ink with airdrying only.
Hope this helps
Ian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reading all my amble Ian,

Did I read somewhere you are based in Poole? I live in Guernsey and may be visiting there ona day trip, is there an ink supplier near there?

It might be cool to hook up.

Cheers
PAul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts