T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ran into a problem today printing. I was using this screen which I have used before and never had any problems with. I did a test print on paper and the image came out perfect. I then went to print on a shirt and only part of the image came out, so I flashed it and then printed again and I had the same problem. I raised the screen and moved the ink over the image and part of the image looked kind of hazed over, not dark with ink like the other parts. I'm using 110 mesh with black water based ink. Any ideas why this is happening? Is there any way to unclog an image once I start printing without having to wash the screen out? Thanks

· Registered
1,162 Posts
How do you exposed your screen?
What kind kind of light, for how long? I think it might be under exposed.
Do you see a kind of transparent film over the area where should not be emulsion?

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exposed using a vacum exposure unit with a photopolymer emulsion exposed for 3 minutes. I don't really see any film over the image, but it was a screen that I reused, the old image maybe affecting it? You think I'm better off washing the screen out and starting over again?

· Registered
1,162 Posts
Yes imedaitely flood after printing when using water based inks.
I have had that kind of problem before. I am not saying it is your case.
a couple of times, when I did the test print, part of the clear mesh would not let the ink pass. I could see a a very thin film in the mesh, so I would rub it with a rag and ink cleaner.
The last time it happened, it would not go away. I did use the pressure washer for too long, and the emulsion started to come off.
So I just reclaimed it. Then from the usual 14 min of exposure, I went to 16 min. (I use a halogen work lamp, in a wood box) This time it did work just fine.
After you try what the previous poster said, you can also try exposing a little bit more.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.