T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 6 screen manual press to play around with and to make customs shirts for fun.

I have figured out how to make simple graphic and simple text screens and have had luck transferring them to t-shirts.

I however have been faced with a challenge. I have been asked to take a photo of a car and screen print in onto a shirt. How in the world do you convert a photograph image to a useable file.

I have both adobe photoshop and adobe illustrator CS5 to use to make my conversion but I need some help.

Also I have been using plastisol opaque inks for my simple shirts. Please let me know how to convert the images to useable images as such to create my screens.

If anyone has the know how or any ideas let me know. With this process I have been flashing the image and garment between colors, so i am not sure how you are supposed to make this work to get it to look right with the various colors that normally would blend and mix, unless it should look like a cartoon image, I do not know.

Thanks in advance for your help, I really need a "Screen Printing for Dummies" book.

~Shaun

· Registered
3,342 Posts
I however have been faced with a challenge. I have been asked to take a photo of a car and screen print in onto a shirt. How in the world do you convert a photograph image to a useable file.
this is one of the biggest challenges for screen printing. photographic images can be reproduced a number of ways depending on your needs (each with their own pros or cons). I'd look into the fallowing types of color separations and printing; Simulated process, Index and 4 color process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.