T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello a few weeks back I placed an order with inkscreens.com
received the shirts and wow the quality sucks!
the colors are way off, I ordered 70 shirts
and all will be used to clean around the house,
it's a quality that cannot be sold not even for a discount.
I tried emailing them but they blame it on my art work,
so i took it to a screen printer and had my work and their work inspected they said my work was good and if they had separated the colors right everything would of been ok

I also told them specifically I wanted fuschia color shirts I even sent them an image on they color and how I wanted it to be layed
well the color shirt I got was Pink like pepto bismol pink!
and the way it was layed out is no where close to how i asked!
I still had another order with them so I canceled that but i was charged for the pain shirts $3.50 for each!

I'm very dissapointed as I took the money out of my school funds to get my shirts screen printed but i'm not giving up so i took them to another screen printer I showed them what happened to me and they felt bad so they will do one shirt and show me before they print my order.

Everything I asked for from inkscreens.com was done incorrectly
and obviously they have a no refund policy!
ugh

if you guys need to see pictures of the work they did and the examples i turned in let me know

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I also told them specifically I wanted fuschia color shirts I even sent them an image on they color and how I wanted it to be layed
I'm curious, how did you send your image?

That is one thing that for screen printers is a constant problem. Just saying 'fuschia' is not enough to get a color match. 'Fuschia' can mean something completely different to someone else.

I know you said you sent an image. But was it by e-mail? Or did you actually send a hard copy in the mail? There is no way to accurately match colors from a computer screen. The best thing to do is send a pantone number for your colors. You will pay for the match, but it's the only way to ensure somewhat accurate in colors.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Were they dark shirts? If they put fuscha ink on darks without an underbase, it may have looked like that. And they'd kind of have you on a technicality, I mean, they used fuscha ink, you know? I'm not sure if that's what they did, but it's a possibility.

Did you pay for pantone matching? Did he mention it? I had one job where a guy asked for orange ink. I used the can of ink labeled 'orange', nothing fancy. And he complained it wasn't the shade he wanted, yet he didn't want to put down the extra money for pantone colors. Oh yeah, and he didn't show me that shade he wanted. He just said orange and provided b&w artwork.

I'm not blaming you here, but there's a lot of variables on the printers end that may have resulted from miscommunication, etc

Or, he just wasn't a good printer, or was lazy about it. Could be anything, really.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sucks...
On your next order from the printer be sure to get a print out sample. Whether it be on a actual shirt or on test sheets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sounds like you need to find a good local printer and develop a realionship whit them and if their like mine they will always let you know about your quality files you end.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I think you should post the pictures.

I see they are closing for a month without a solid explanation. Could be they are moving to a new location or could be something else. I've seen a few businesses do that around here and many of them never reopen.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I would like to see pictures of the shirts. Maybe if you post them, someone can tell you what went wrong. I know several people have used them before from here, with great results. Hopefully you will get some resolution with this situation.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey Everyone,

This post was just brought to our attention so I thought I'd answer some questions some of you had regarding this order even though we are against discussing specific customer orders on forums.

It is always our first concern, if a customer is unsatisfied with their order. Situations like this rarely happen, but it does happen once in a while due to incorrect art format submissions. Although we try our best to help our customers out by reviewing their artwork before printing, our graphic department is not allowed to alter 'camera ready artwork submissions' if they did not ask us to change anything as we must assume the color levels are what they were trying to acheive.

The print in question was to be printed using CMYK. The camera ready artwork had CMYK levels of different percentages so the end result of printing were a darker color compared to pure 100% CMYK levels. The customer was also unsatisfied with seeing some white t-shirt through the print, but this is due to the fact that CMYK artwork is always printed with halftones which allows for shades, highlights, etc.

If solid ink coverage for solid spot colors is desired, we always suggest using solid spot color printing.

The camera ready artwork at 300DPI was pixelated as well due to parts of the art being created with low resolution jpegs.

All of this was explained to the customer prior to the customers post. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the situation, but we hope you understand the problem was due to the camera ready artwork. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

*** The temporary scheduled closure is due to a percentage of our staff attending Magic Marketplace to support our customers, as well as the expansion of our services.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just received my second order through Ink Screens yesterday...an order of over 300 shirts and overall I have been very happy with their quality of work. But I know from working with previous screen printers that I always have to make sure exactly what I want is very clearly conveyed. I always send a digital mock-up of a finished shirt so the printer can see the locations and sizes of the prints I want, like was previously mentioned though, if you want a specific shade of color you will need to give a pantone number...even sending a digital proof will not be adequate because colors are going to appear different from monitor to monitor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts