T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this listing on Ebay 200245251893 for what looks like a complete shop full of equipment for getting started in screen printing for very little cash. Does anyone know anything about the equipment listed and what would be a good price for it?:confused:

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
It's nice equipment in theory, but it's all a bit old and beat up. Pretty much every single piece of equipment has a "but" in the description to describe the ways in which it is broken (so what they're describing as a 6x4 is actually a 5x4 for example). They're not fatal flaws, but it all adds up to a pretty well worn shop worth of equipment - fine if you've evolved with it and knows its quirks, but less attractive if you're taking it on fresh.

In its heyday this was quality equipment, but it's not its heyday. If someone got it for about what it's going for now ($1300) they've set themselves up with a bargain they can upgrade when (not if) it starts falling apart. But unless you can really make good on the extra equipment (e.g. you know someone who wants the extra 4x4 or are confident you can sell it) I'd be dubious. You're paying money for a headache. One you might get a few good years out of first, but it's a risk.

Plus unless you have access to the equipment you need to move it, that's another expense on top that could easily push it into 'not worth it'.

As far as perspective goes I've made similar decisions, and I regret them. Mine were worse than this though, so it's possible I'm being over conservative. What I am factoring in though is that Florida isn't exactly the hardest place to find equipment - if you pass this by, something else will come along.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apprerciate your insight. I will watch and see what it goes for. Probably worth $3k to $4k, realisticly, from similar equipt I have seen on Ebay before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts