T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am printing on a thick fabric flag 300mm x 400mm. I need to have the print on one side backed up on the other side. It's ok when I'm printing on light colours, but I can't get a good result using dark coloured fabrics. I print the board first and then put the fabric on the top and then print the top. The top print is 100%, but the bottom print is about 50%. Appreciate any suggestions on how to achieve good prints on both sides.

I can't see a way to upload a photo in the post.

· Registered
132 Posts
If I understand what you're doing correctly you won't be able to get the back side to be as vibrant on a dark garment. The only way to get both sides the same is to print on both sides but lining them up perfect would be extremely difficult.

· Registered
4,597 Posts
The problem is not in the printing and curing, the problem is getting the image to line up perfectly on the second side.
A picture would help, but I think I know what you mean.
The only things I can think are:
1. a frame with registration marks, keeping the fabric stretched.
2. Sandwich the fabric between two screen-printed transfer sheets with registration marks. If not transparent, use a pin to convert the registration marks to registration holes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.