T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When printing on T-shirts these days, are printers still using old fashioned screen printing techniques, or do they use something other than a screen printer when printing ink?

Also....and more importantly, can someone tell me.... When i take a disc with my artwork on it to the printer (it will be in Illustrator or Photoshop format), lets assume i flatten all the layers...how does the screen printer know that one of the colors is "Pantone X" for instance, and another color is "Pantone Y". Do, I have to tell him what I want the colors to be for each specific area? Do I not flatten the image??

The reason I am asking is because...before I make all my artwork, I dont want to have to go back and redo it all in Illustrator or Photshop because i didnt do something correctly for it to be printed out the first time.

Thank you so much

-C

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually, I have a follow on question:

Does the screen printer do a CMYK overlap when he is printing to get the right colors down, or does he separate all the colors out and do them individually. If its the latter, does the screen printer usually have the separation software, or do i need to buy that and bring it to him in separation format.

Sorry for these question. I am really clueless when it comes to all this stuff

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Does the screen printer do a CMYK overlap when he is printing to get the right colors down, or does he separate all the colors out and do them individually. If its the latter, does the screen printer usually have the separation software, or do i need to buy that and bring it to him in separation format.
Screen printers do both depending on the graphic they are printing. One size doesn't fit all.

Usually, screen printers will handle the color separations in house.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts