T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
RAHchills said:
Is there a way to utilize color gradients to illustrate dimension on silk screened tees, or is that just not possible? sorry for the noob question...
If I understand your question the answer is yes it's totally possible. We use half tones to achieve this...(just a bunch of dots at different sizes) we like to stay between 55 and 65 LPI.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure I understand what you're saying, I googled this image off the net. Can an image like this, purple to white to purple on the S, be screenprinted? Assuming the shirt is white...

·
Registered
123 Posts
snapphanen said:
On a white tee isn't this a 2 coilor black/purple? Gray being a screen of the black?
Not really, for the black areas you want to use a more open mesh & the grey areas would be on different screen.

The key to great color gradations on a screen are the color separations.

·
Registered
71 Posts
NARC72 said:
Not really, for the black areas you want to use a more open mesh & the grey areas would be on different screen.

The key to great color gradations on a screen are the color separations.
The other keys to great gradients are screen mesh and proper burning...you can have the best seps in the world but if you put them on the wrong mesh and don't burm the screens correctly the end product will not look good.

The design is simple and should be simple on a white shirt using 2 screens.
1 purple
1 black

Ronnie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts