T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello T-shirt People....

The other they i went in to PACSUN at the mall, and was browsing thru the t-shirts they have over there... which i notice that some of them are screen printed for sure, but some of them you could not even feel the ink on it...

Maybe some one knows if its screen print or heat press,

Also which one is better, Screen Print or Heat Press:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Re: :: Screen Printing 0r Heat Press ::

bonusballking said:
Also which one is better, Screen Print or Heat Press:rolleyes:
both good....i think :).

although a lot of peeps still believe that screen printing directly on to shirts is the best.

·
Registered
344 Posts

It sounds like a direct to garment printing. I will show you my shirt I ordered from cafepress and just recieved. The print is in the shirt and you cant feel any ink at all. They print the ink into the shirt vs printed on paper(heatpress) or ink printed on top of shirt (screen).

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts

Fluid said:
They are discharge and regular screen printing. You can achieve that no feel to the print by modifying the inks (regular plasticol) and printing with high mesh frames. #230 and up
How does the opacity hold up on dark shirts if you do that?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts

skulltshirts said:
It sounds like a direct to garment printing. I will show you my shirt I ordered from cafepress and just recieved. The print is in the shirt and you cant feel any ink at all. They print the ink into the shirt vs printed on paper(heatpress) or ink printed on top of shirt (screen).
Thomas...how did you like the quality of the print?

·
Registered
344 Posts

MotoskinGraphix said:
Thomas...how did you like the quality of the print?
Umm about 50% happy with it. I like how the ink has no feel to it. But it seems like it would wash out easily. I havent washed it yet though. Plus the colors were kinda dull looking. The quality of the shirt was a problem too, real thin shirt. I got their ringer style. Maybe I should have ordered a black one. I really just wanted to see what a customer would be getting from cafepress.
Thomas

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I havent washed it yet though. Plus the colors were kinda dull looking.
They say on their site that the direct to garment prints are not as vibrant as their heat pressed prints. I've noticed that as well.

The quality of the shirt was a problem too, real thin shirt. I got their ringer style. Maybe I should have ordered a black one.
Their regular white t-shirts (and black t-shirts) are 6 oz hanes t-shirts (the tagless kind). Not sure what they are using for the ringer tees. They used to use Hanes Beefy tees for everything, but they switched to the regular 6oz Hanes (5280 I think it is?) a couple of years ago. I wish they would have stayed with the Hanes Beefy.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The ringer style is from Delta Pro Weights. It has that on the tag. Its not that it is real thin(Now that i look at it again) it is more that the elastic in the sleeve is to loose and the neck line elastic is to tight on my neck. So tighter in the arms and looser in the neck would make it perfect.

But over all, Im glad i purchased this shirt. It gives me a chance to see my design done in a different fashion. Ive always done them with a heat press.I would say dtg is better than heat pressed.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
[

I would say dtg is better than heat pressed.[/quote]

Do you say that because of the hand of the print compared with heatpress? Do you feel the hand is more important than the representation of color? Is there a fullfillment site that does dye sub printing? Ibet the hand would be perfect and those colors would really pop.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

LucyRoberts said:
humm! could be sceen printed plastisol transfers too.
It's pretty unlikely (though not impossible) since the poster said that "you could not even feel the ink on it".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts