T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting up a new t-shirt range, and had sent some artwork to get transfer samples to T-shirt printing Sydney | dayoldblue clothing and 3 weeks later, he tells me he can't get as colour kids shirts. Now that is fine, but he could have told me much sooner, but he said he was too 'busy'. He then says he has printed 4 shirts and would post them, and order the rest of the shirts from Gildan. I waited another week, left 2 messages and a couple of emails. Finally I got onto the guy at "day old blue" in Surry Hills, and he tells me he "forgot" to send, and doesn't think he can do the rest of the shirts because he hasn't recieved the Gildan shirts. So a total of 6 weeks has gone by. I have been waiting around. Is this normal? What a waste of time.
I find customer service in Australia is pretty appalling. I hope this is just a bad experience.
So my question is: Does anyone know of a "reliable" screenprinter in QLD or NSW who does Anvil or similar quality?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sounds like you had a bad experience but I can assure you not all printers are like the one you encountered. Stroll thru posts on here and even look at US printers as they do some good work at reasonable prices.

Reactions: 00AUS

·
Registered
12 Posts
In my printing experience mate most Screen Printing shops comprise of an old carosel or auto, baggy screens, messy inks etc and the old saying "yer mate I forgot" or some excuse along those lines.
Best bet is to pay a bit more to a bigger company and get the best in printing, product and service.
Try the best because if you want to get a high end label going and get big volumes printed down the track they can do sampling to production far beyond some cowboy outfit!

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can try Texas Aardvark in Sydney.
They are high end printers and expensive but do a good job.
How many units were you doing and how many colours? We do screenprinting in Newcastle with around a 7 day turnaround.

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeah besides 1 solitary supplier....most printers and suppliers i have dealt with have extremely poor customer service.

Unless you have mega large jobs they will treat you like crap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have to add- I have been trying to get my tshirt label up & running for 3yrs now.
I have had countless terrible experiences. I've had EVERYTHING happen to me, whilst I have only been appreciative, patient & understanding with these printers. The only time I have been stern (or probably in their eyes 'annoying') is when I have to keep calling them day in day out after they tell me they will 'send out my job tomorrow'.

I just don't understand how unprofessional the companies I have dealt with are! At the end of the day wouldn't you rather have my $500-1000 extra, with the guarantee of more work?

I just don't understand how having 6 designs, printed on 12 units each, take 3 separate companies, 3yrs to get to this point & STILL not have had them all printed correctly!?

I'll definately be hitting up the above printers! Thanks guys for jumping on here & LISTENING to us small run clients!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Midnightparade,

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to work with you...we appreciate it!!

I forwarded on your email to our manager Mary this morning and she should be in touch ASAP with all the info you need.

I look forward to working with you and seeing how your label goes.

We are also running a program for people like yourself who are getting a label up and running. Basically we want to be able to provide you with all the tools you need to make it a success...because in the long run your success is our success. So let Mary know if you are keen to jump on board and we will keep you up to date with everything.

·
Registered
98 Posts
we have heard the same things from customers, and we have picked up a heap of work that way. we work on a two week turnaround. you want it quicker then we have a quicker service that costs more. The only time we run into problems is with our dtg machine and then we get on the phone to the customer and tell them.
It helps heaps if you keep the customer in the loop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh that's great^

More printers like all the above!!

For anyone ust joining this thread, I have actually had a discussion with Mary from PSI. She was extremely helpful- PSI sound really promising!

Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Starting out I was trying to outsource all of my work and I came across TERRIBLE customer service from a lot of places - both big and small.
Now I make it the number 1 priority of my business. That's the benefit of being a small business - every client is very important and therefore they get taken care of. I always say support a company that supports you :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hear you with this one,

I have my designs, my money everything all ready to go
but no-one and I mean NO-ONE has been helpfull. I ring them ask for quotes and say im good to go and no one ever gets back, or they dont even answer me.

Im to the point where im going to use a company in NZ to do my tshirts.

If there is any screenprinters keen to help me out with the opportunity to create a good working relationship with me. let me know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Tavita,

I just PM'd you.

We helped Midnightparade out and I'm sure we can look after you as well.

Just give us a call. You'll find all the details on our site. See the link in my sig.

Thanks Tavita

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Tavita,

Thanks for placing your order with us!

Glad you got in contact and saw that not all the t-shirt printers in Australia are the same :)

We'll be in touch as they progress through production.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts