T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you're using screen printed transfers on dark shirts do you still need to cut around the design? Is there a way to speed up this process? Any tricks of the trade?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Re: Screen Printed Transfera

Since plastisol transfers only transfer the ink and not any of the carrier paper, you do not need to cut around the design.

Check out the 'dark shirts' thread to take a look at my experiences trying to get them to work right.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

What kind of transfers do they screen print onto just out curiosity?

Also where do you guys order your custom screen printed transfers?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

They are just printed on to a carrier paper that costs around 5 to 10 cents each.

The one time I've done plastisol I used Silver Mountain Graphics... AeonTees uses them as well. Seemed to work well enough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I can see how certain designs would be very cheap through silver mountain. 100 or more 1 color designs for a dollar each, not bad but when you get into 4-6 color designs it just gets crazy. 5$ a piece even in bulk? christ.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yah, I went with silver mountain, but i'm going to have to be more design wary when it comes to black tshirts with more than 2 colors.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

I did have a little annoyance with Silver Mountain initially, because it took them several days to responsd to my initial email about making an order. After that though, no problems.

Another I've seen recommended sometimes is Ace Transfer Co. - I personally dismissed them because of a kinda silly reason: their webpage looked really bad to me, especially the 'fast service' graphic at the top in all its jagged-edged glory.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

Twinge said:
Another I've seen recommended sometimes is Ace Transfer Co. - I personally dismissed them because of a kinda silly reason: their webpage looked really bad to me, especially the 'fast service' graphic at the top in all its jagged-edged glory.
I don't think that's a silly reason at all. If a print company can't even get web graphics right, I'd be worried about their ability to print well. Plus if they don't even care about their own image, it doesn't bode well for them caring about you the customer.

Sure, the reality may be that they're a fantastic company - but I wouldn't risk it either. Definitely not a silly reason.

·
Registered
62 Posts

jdr8271 said:
first-edition.com is the cheapest that I have found. Good quality too.
Well, on one color designs, Silver Mtn is a little bit cheaper for 100 transfers (.75/per -vs- .77/per). First edition does seem to be dramatically cheaper for 200 one-color transfers though (.58/per -vs- .70/per). It seems to spread for a while and then get close again at 1,000 transfers.

Also, for 100 one-color designs, Silver Mtn charges 6 bucks shipping. I have no idea how much first edition's shipping rates are at the current time.

I'm gonna place an order for 200 one-color transfers at first edition tomorrow so I can compare both companies for myself.

Cheers!
Chris...

·
Registered
208 Posts
What are screen print transfer? Do i use a heat press to apply them to a t-shirt? Also if i buy stock tranfers from any say proworld or they site you guys mentioned can i sell them online legally?

Sorry if these are dum questions. Im really new at all this.

·
Registered
84 Posts

5$ a piece even in bulk? christ...

What does Christ have to do with it? Just saying. This is very offensive to many I'm sure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts