T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious to know if screen printed heat transfers would be the same as screen printed on a shirt. Reason i ask is because i want to get into making baseball shirts and well i do not have a numbering system but i figured i can screen print (heat transfers) about 50 of each number 0-9 and have just in case. That way i can just use a heat press to put the numbers and screen print the rest of the shirt. I ask because i know a few ppl who have told me they have been to other printers and they had to return the shirt because it was made in heat transfer and thats not what they wanted. Im not sure what type of heat transfer and i wouldnt know if you can tell the diffrence from a screen printed heat transfer from just screen printed directly. Would the heat transfer be long lasted like screen printed direct?

Someone please school me up on this. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
911 Posts
The platisol is printed onto a certain release paper for the heat transfer, therefore your print will be plastisol ink on your shirt. You can also use the tshirt vinyl for lettering which will save from having to setup your press.
I was looking at stahls canada website and see they had twill type letters that can be pressed on with no need to sew...they look real professional.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i have a vinyl cutter and and thermoflex. it is nice but i think some of these baseball ppl like it screen printed because for some reason or another it always seems as thought they tell me the previous printed gave them heat transfer shirts and they were of poor quality (washing out,peeling and not lasting). What sucks is that i dont know what in the hell they were sold otherwise i would say vinyl is nice but they think its cheap and in reality thermoflex isnt cheap at all.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also yea i have about 20 sheets of the heat transfer paper for plasitol inks that one of my koozie printing buddies gave me because he use to print shirts but stopped and well he had no use for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts