T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi seeminglyobvious, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

Since we do not allow advertising or self promotional posts in the forum, companies that offer that type of service will not be able to respond to your post (which is also one reason why we don't recommend posting service request posts with your email address and phone number).

Your best bet for finding a local company would be to search google or try your local phone book (or try the recommendation that Brian posted :))

·
Registered
93 Posts
jdr8271 said:
first-edition.com is the best company that I have used. Their transfers are far superior quality than silver mountain graphics' .
Interesting. I almost went with them but they charged for art set-up. That would have skyrocketed my costs. Plus I think they are more expensive per-sheet. I'll have to get a sample from them though.

Do you have any specifics as to why they're superior?

B.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
B., What type of artwork did you submit to them? They didnt charge me a set up fee.

First-editions's transfers are printed much cleaner, and also transfer much easier, and feel better after being transfered. The lines on the transfers I ordered from silver mountain were shaky, while the lines on the transfers from first-edition were perfectly smooth.

Even if first-edition costs more, I would still buy from them. And pay the extra .10 to get the transfers in cold peel. It will save you tons of time. With first-editions cold peel transfers, there is no need for rolling pins, and rubbing the transfers with towels, like you have to do with silver mountains transfers. They just transfer perfectly on the first try (similar to vinyl).

With silver mountains transfers, you will spend hours and waste a couple shirts before you get the right time/temp/pressure for the transfers to work properly.

One thing about first-edition thoughis that they are much larger than silver mountain, and becuase of that orders take about 2 weeks. With silver mountain the guy only takes a day or two.

·
Registered
93 Posts
jdr8271 said:
B., What type of artwork did you submit to them? They didnt charge me a set up fee.
Stuff that wasn't vectorized. Robert at SM did that conversion for me for free. First Edition wanted to charge a half hour for each design, I have 18 designs, so it was going to cost something like $270 before I even purchased a transfer.

jdr8271 said:
First-editions's transfers are printed much cleaner, and also transfer much easier, and feel better after being transfered. The lines on the transfers I ordered from silver mountain were shaky, while the lines on the transfers from first-edition were perfectly smooth.

Even if first-edition costs more, I would still buy from them. And pay the extra .10 to get the transfers in cold peel. It will save you tons of time. With first-editions cold peel transfers, there is no need for rolling pins, and rubbing the transfers with towels, like you have to do with silver mountains transfers. They just transfer perfectly on the first try (similar to vinyl).

With silver mountains transfers, you will spend hours and waste a couple shirts before you get the right time/temp/pressure for the transfers to work properly.
Sounds like I need to move on getting the software and learning how to create my own vectors. I did experience 2 days worth of trial and error on their samples, but I thought that was to be expected. I think it would be well worth it for me to try FE out at least. Thanks for the info.

jdr8271 said:
One thing about first-edition thoughis that they are much larger than silver mountain, and becuase of that orders take about 2 weeks. With silver mountain the guy only takes a day or two.
SM is getting extremely busy. I asked for a quote on the 8th and had to beg them to give me a proof and have the transfers done by yesterday.

B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts