T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. We screen heat pressed some designs we got from Transfer Express. The Goof Proof. After pressing, they felt great, however after folding and stashing them away waiting for our launch, we took one out and the screen print transfer is thick, some of the design was stuck together and inside the shirt is really rough where the design is.

Any ideas on what could have happened? Did we press it too long, not enough time? Too much pressure? Like I said, it felt good after pressing. Nice and smooth...

Would washing before wearing fix it? I'm just afraid of selling them and buyers be standoffish from buying again because of how heavy and rough they feel inside.

· Registered
69 Posts
At which temp you presset the Transfers?

I use: 165° Celsius, 15 seconds.

You should not fold your shirt immediately after pressing, wait some time till the transfer is cooled down! Otherwise your transfers will stick together.....

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At which temp you presset the Transfers?

I use: 165° Celsius, 15 seconds.

You should not fold your shirt immediately after pressing, wait some time till the transfer is cooled down! Otherwise your transfers will stick together.....
I believe the recommended temp was 360-370 for 3-5 seconds with medium pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.