T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thanks so much, what about plastisol heat transfers?
Plastisol transfers ARE screen printed just onto release paper instead of garment. They are not inferior in quality to traditional screen printing and far superior to inkjet transfers. I would never sell inkjet transferred garments EVER! But do use Vinyl, Plastisol transfers and 4 color spot screen printing...you have to have ALL the abilities whether in house or sub'd out or you are losing money and clients.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I always said that about inkjet transfers too Matt. But I had a customer that insisted that their shirts look just like their business cards which may as well be a full rainbow with every color and gradient. So I offered inkjet transfers with the condition that I have only tested them for 2 months and even though they look fine after 2 months it's still a very different looking print than vinyl or screen printing. That I couldn't guarantee their longevity. She agreed and I did 30 shirts and she still loves them. It's been about 4 months and is still happy. But I do agree, it's not the same at all. I do think the most important part of plastisol is making sure you don't overcure it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.