T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have this logo made of Red and Yellow Colors with a black outline. I also have some grey shades and some darker tones of red as shadows. I also have white on some parts.

My question is how am i going to convert this jpeg logo into vector and make it ready for screen printing. I am good in Illustrator and Photoshop. I just want to know the layering process and how to make the artwork ready for print.

Kindly answer me soon.

Thanks
Madhurima

·
Registered
158 Posts
It does not have to be vectorized in order to get it ready for screen printing. Do you have a psd of the file? Whats the resolution of the art?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

No im having a jpeg image of 5.1 inch by 4.32 inch size ...

Now i need to trace it and Illustrator is perhaps good....
My question is what is the process...?
If i trace it in Ilustrator then is Layering individual colors necessary......IF so pls help me explaining which colors?
(take into account that i know how to create layers )

Thanks somuch for replying...
Madhurima

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi,

No im having a jpeg image of 5.1 inch by 4.32 inch size ...

Now i need to trace it and Illustrator is perhaps good....
My question is what is the process...?
If i trace it in Ilustrator then is Layering individual colors necessary......IF so pls help me explaining which colors?
(take into account that i know how to create layers )

Thanks somuch for replying...
Madhurima
It might be easier if you post the pic :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Bircanboss,

I am afraid it's some client's work. I was making sure i know the process 100% accurately before taking up this work.

Can you by any chance explain me with just any logo from the net and explain me here?

So that way i can understand.

Hey thanks
Madhurima
:)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey Bircanboss,

I am afraid it's some client's work. I was making sure i know the process 100% accurately before taking up this work.

Can you by any chance explain me with just any logo from the net and explain me here?

So that way i can understand.

Hey thanks
Madhurima
:)
Here's a tutorial to show you how to do it in photoshop [media]http://www.t-shirtforums.com/attachments/13774d1271704690-how-make-your-own-vector-portraits-photoshop-how-make-your-own-vector-portraits.pdf[/media]
It's pretty much the same in illustrator :) good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bircan,

Hey this tutorial is cool. I am reading let me read and understand. And yes if Photoshop can make the work done i will do in that.....

Thanks

Will again ask questions if stuck.....
:eek:

Madhurima

1 - 8 of 8 Posts