T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm based in the uk and i've been doing a search around ebay, just wanted someone with a bit of experience in screen printing to let me know how good these types of machine are, i'm looking for a budget start up really and these seem to be quite cheap, but I don't want something thats gonna cause problems!

Screen printer for T-Shirts on eBay, also, Screen Speciality Printing, Printing Graphic Arts, Business, Office Industrial (end time 18-Aug-08 18:39:39 BST)

SCREEN PRINTING MACHINE 6 COLOURS on eBay, also, Screen Speciality Printing, Printing Graphic Arts, Business, Office Industrial (end time 19-Aug-08 06:40:06 BST)

Cheers!
Billy

·
Registered
112 Posts
The speedbase carousel is great. I think for the price you get training aswell. Steve Holmes is a very knowledgeable guy. He will put you on the right track.I am Uk based and actually imported a 6 col Riley Hopkins,and adore it,but would have got one from him otherwise.
Give him a ring he is a very nice guy and would be happy to help you.:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the advice! Also, I've noticed that with most packages you ge the spot dryer but not the tunnel dryer, whats the advantage to having a tunnel dryer as well? do they do a similar job? can you get away with just the spot dryer? cheers!
Billy

·
Registered
112 Posts
tunnel dryers are great if you are considering doing medium/high volume printing,flash curers are ok for smaller numbers,both do the same job of curing your print if used correctly

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Billy: U.S.A. here. . .If you want to compare. . check out this website
Screen Printing Equipment by VASTEX
This is the best the U.S.A. has to offer in a manual press. On the press that you show in your post, I noticed the teflon screws or side stops for registration of each color head to the shirt platen. This will work for a few months, but the parts will wear and you will not be able to register one color to another. Of course, the more you spend on a printer the better the registration for the life of the press. Everything is dollars invested.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The speedbase carousel is great. I think for the price you get training aswell. Steve Holmes is a very knowledgeable guy. He will put you on the right track.I am Uk based and actually imported a 6 col Riley Hopkins,and adore it,but would have got one from him otherwise.
Give him a ring he is a very nice guy and would be happy to help you.:)
Hi Ian
I also imported a Riley Hopkins 6/4 press from the US. I do like it, although I have to say, it may be solidly built, but the unit I received wasn't manufactured too accurately. The arms that support the shirt boards were all at different levels, because they hadn't been welded up accurately or cut accurately. I had to do a lot of work to get it set up properly. But compared, with what you can purchase in the UK it is still excellent value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts