T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hardly use it during tear down because I can't stand it and I get by, but I also don't clean a whole lot. My backup is the one who does, anyway.... When I entered my area which is a very good distance, I felt the opener in my teeth, its bad. I think its all he uses. Is it actually needed? I try to avoid but he is certain its the only way.

·
Administrator
15,475 Posts
Kind of hard to follow your post, but from what I can gather you print fine without screen opener but because a co-worker uses it, you are asking if you should?

Doesn't the fact that you get along fine without it answer your own question?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cool, I learned something new today. In decades of using plastisol, and being a fervent reader of all the trade magazines before the internet came about, and a couple of different forums, I have never even heard of a screen opener for plastisols. But, I've never, ever needed one. When I first started printing in the early '70's with air dry vinyl ink, we would use it on occasion then. So, what's happening that it would be needed? Asking for a friend...

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s incredibly handy stuff. I use it to “reset” the bottom of the screens once the edges start to get a little bit blurry. A small spray followed by a wipe with a clean shirt rag Does a fantastic job keeping small details sharp. it’s also invaluable if you accidentally under flash of color and then end up with it stuck to the bottom of a different screen.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
it’s also invaluable if you accidentally under flash of color and then end up with it stuck to the bottom of a different screen.
That's pretty much the intended use, but this is a problem only newbies have.
Regular screen cleaner works just fine for everything else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, and to the first person, I am trying to tell him its not needed but I am newer so lower on the totem pole. The main reason for asking is because of that and like another user said, everyone in the building knows. I was not able to do my job because of how bad it was, he only uses it to clean the screens aka teardown. Not during the run. That is the only time qhen I use it is during the run if needed. Thank you for all of your responses.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'll use screen opener for a color change because it doesn't leave much of a film behind like my other cleaners but I'd never use it to teardown. That's...not good. No one worth their squeegee would think screen opener was a replacement for press wash, no offense to your coworker! :b

1 - 13 of 13 Posts