T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I color separate my own designs & was wondering if there are any services that can print my seps on acetate & even burn the screens for me? I think Epson has a series of printers that can RIP half tones & print onto acetate? They're really expensive though!

NARC72

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are going to be serious about screen printing you need to do this yourself. You can contact a local screenprinter in your area, otherwise you would have to either buy the screens from somebody and have to pay shipping on top of that...for every design. That's going to add up.

All you need is a rip program and good printer. Some people use ghost script which I believe you can get for free. I use fast rip and an epson 2200. I needed a large format printer but you might not need one.

Check out www.screenprinters.net a lot of good info.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
buddha said:
If you are going to be serious about screen printing you need to do this yourself. You can contact a local screenprinter in your area, otherwise you would have to either buy the screens from somebody and have to pay shipping on top of that...for every design. That's going to add up.

All you need is a rip program and good printer. Some people use ghost script which I believe you can get for free. I use fast rip and an epson 2200. I needed a large format printer but you might not need one.

Check out www.screenprinters.net a lot of good info.
Yeah, I figured doing it myself would save me money & some aggrevation in the long run! I use the FastFilms from the SGAI, just haven't been able to afford the Epson+Rip packages! I'll check out that Ghost Script.

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
NARC72 said:
Yeah, I figured doing it myself would save me money & some aggrevation in the long run! I use the FastFilms from the SGAI, just haven't been able to afford the Epson+Rip packages! I'll check out that Ghost Script.

Thanks
Did you ever get a chance to check this out? I've seen quite a few posts lately asking "How do you guys do it?" Is this product any good?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I also know many suppliers of screen printing equipment will also burn screens and ship them out. A supplier I use called Rheetech in los angeles does it, I haven't used them since I'm burning my own stuff but they told me they offer it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts