T-Shirt Forums banner

Screen Image vs Final Print

[DTG Brand] 
2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  adrenaline 
#1 ·
I'm curious to know how close/similar the screen image (on PC screen) is to your final printed results. My eclipse prints way darker than it appears on the PC screen. I get great print results after a bit of doctoring in Photoshop but my prints certainly dont look like the image on the PC screen.

Fortunately I'm OK with photoshop, what if you are'nt?

#3 ·
My prints are darker on 720x720. My guess is its because the eclipse prints 8 channels cmyk but I would have thought the software compensates for this.
Zhenjie, you mention "6pl dot size" where do you set/change this? I'm using Rip Pro 7.4.3, which rip you using?

#6 ·
You may want to turn down the CMYK a bit. Under "Utilities/Priner & Ink Configuration/Ink Configuration" you will see five sliders. Turn down the CMY and K to about 80%. See if that makes it better.

Also... what ink are you using (SWF East's ink or Mesa's ink)

--Fred

#4 ·
Ohh your printing Duel CYMK, that also explains it. In that case, yes, you are definitely going to see darker prints due to the extra saturation.

I think the best way to combat this is having your monitor calibrated with a printout on a t-shirt, or the easiest way is to just up the brightness in Photohop by 20% and print away, not perfect but might be better then what you have now.

I use Print Pro. but I'm sure you can change the dot size in Rip Pro, just not sure how sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.