T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to the forum and screen printing.

I have done a few designs onto normal office stationary transparancies using an ink jet printer. Dose any one know if this is a good method and what printers will give the best density of ink onto the transparancies.:rolleyes:

Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
They work fine,but in the past when I used to use them I had to double them up to get them dense enough to burn right. Also they are a very expensive way to go.Running transp. through a copier is much cheaper and you get about the same results.This is a fine method to use if your just getting started.Film is GOD but when you dont have the dough , well ,it will do in a pinch.

·
Registered
210 Posts
When I was starting out, I also use off the shelf films which you can easily get from any office supplies, sure cheaper than film made for screen printing, you should be fine doing simple 1 or 2 colors. But if you have an inkjet printer and planning to do more of this in the future, I would try to invest with film positive made for screen printing, a bit pricey than regular off the shelf films but it will give you a better opacity which will help you better when exposing your screen, as we all know, better opacity better exposure less headache. If the budget is concern, then you should be fine for now with off the shelf. I would still recommend to save few dollar here and there from every job you do 'till you save enough and you will see the difference yourself. Goodluck and hope this help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts