T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im fed up with using my squeegee as the emulsion goes everywhere.does anyone know the best place for scoop coaters in the uk?

many thanks in advance:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got one from here a couple of days ago next day delivery great quality.thanks for the heads up.:D
No worries. I got a few things from him just a few days ago. I recommend anyone who is looking to buy squeegee, screens, ink etc to go through this guy (if they're looking for a supplier) I received my order next day after paying for my items. I had spoken to him a week before so he had time to source anything he didn't have at the time, and when I came to paying, everything was ready. I couldn't ask for better service and will order from this bloke again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased mine form Ebay, it was £26 plus a little postage for 18 inches.
Make sure they come with the ends, I have noticed on some sites they are sold separately.
I just did a search for coating troughs rather than scoop coat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just in case if you couldn’t find scoop coater. Get 1mm (or less) steel ( something like 10 cm by any length) from 10 cm bend it in L shape close two end of new scoop coater and use it ( just make sure the side which you are going to use to coat the screen is polished nice)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Or how about a short length of plastic guttering with a 'stop-end' on each end? Worth a try and you can get it from any local D.I.Y store.

Phil

·
Registered
23 Posts
Phil, Plastic will be easy to make, but will effect the thickness of emulsion on the screen unless you are not doing fine artwork or you will use thin plastic it will do the job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts