T-Shirt Forums banner

Scattered lines after nozzle check, problem with magenta

[DTG Brand] 
4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  dou_nut 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have problems with magenta for a long time. When I do the nozzle check I don't have these stepwise descending or scattered lines for magenta (see the attached pic). There is no clogging onyl scattered lines. This causes regularly repeating lines on the print and a halo around object especially text on the design.

Is there any solution for this, because I am fed up with this problem which occurs just after 2 weeks after replacing a brand new printhead and I don’t want to get an new head every month (epson 4880) ?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Clean the printhead with a little cleaning solution. If that doesn't work put a little cleaning solution in the capping station and turn the machine off and let it sit overnight.

#3 ·
oh sorry my bad, I forgot to tell you that several cleaning periods, powercleanings, wiping with alcohol, and letting it sit on wet capping station overnight, pushing alcohol with syringe through the nozzles didn't change anyting at all.

I've just checked the forum and found out that many people suffer from the magenta and yellow on their machines with other brands too. Then maybe this is a general problem of DuPont inks?

#5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply,

I have two DTG Vipers suffering from the same problem. I don't have any problem with white ink but with magenta and after a while with yellow. I've replaced 5 printheads in the last 10 months and don't even make that money to afford a new head so offen.

Last month the technical service replaced dampers, pipes and tubes for the whole colorline, inkbottles and even a small electronic card. But nope, just in two weeks the same thing occured with my brand new printhead

BTW what do you mean with priming the dampers?

#6 ·
basically, you pull each damper out and pull ink from the bottom with your flat bottom syringe.. pull until they are full of ink place them back into the printhead

after you do this.. do a head clean and then try a nozzle check.

5 printheads is way too much.. how much volume are you doing?? or wait.. how much volume "can" you do with out problem?

#8 ·
One times isn't always enough.. 200 prints with one printhead isn't enough either.

but if you are doing white shirts only its good to put in a few dark shirts in between the order to keep your white ink flowing.

but you say its magenta and yellow.. spray some Windex into the capping station and let it sit for an hour or two (if you can)

are you using 100% alcohol .. or 50/50 with distilled water??

#14 ·
thank you all for your interest people,

yes we DID change capping station last month. We use a very fine screen mesh to filter the ink each time we load some inks into the bottles. and yes, we have a humidifer and all printers are located in a seperate, clean and airconditioned room. :confused:

#15 ·
I have all the same problems as you have. I am curious, do you live at high altitude?
I'm in Colorado and wonder if the air pressure is giving me all this trouble. I have to clean my print head after EVERY print to keep from losing my yellow and magenta . Even after new head, capping, pump hoses etc. Experimented with all kinds of ink levels to no avail.

I think I will try bagging the ink after I use up me bulk ink.

#16 ·
No our altitude is almost at sealevel (maybe 10-15m)
I heard from many collagues that they also have the same problem on their printers even with different brands.

So I think DuPont has to find a solution to this, or is there any other ink companies, which give better results and without causing any headache ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.