T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just fired her up for the first time. the power blew out so i shut off my air conditioning. i've never handled something so HOT... or electrically dangerous. the unit is almost at 375f and it's making ticking sounds (must be heat expanding)

im a little nervous. any notes of caution aside from "don't touch the metal" ? like... any electrical hazard? will i get a shock? im almost freaking out here.

· Registered
245 Posts
the "ticking is either the clock getting ready to detonate the C4-- or the thermostat on the press regulating the on /off to keep the press up to temperature. You might want to find a circuit that doesn't have any other large draws on it.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Ed is right. You ned at least a 15 amp. circuit with nothing else on it. The ticking is just the platten expanding with the temp. coming up. Same thing will happen when you shut it down. If it's new, you could even see a little smoke from the platten. This is the insulation they use and will go away quickly and only happen the first time you use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.