T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola,

I am trying to scan an Image of a model with some sunglasses for a client of mine, He sells sunglasses but apparently there's a pic of a model which can't be found online or on google images so he has it in the store and wanted me to use that picture on his business cards but when I scan it, it looks awfully bad line shows up and dots

How can I fix this? I also use Adobe Photoshop CS4 and maybe there's a setting or feature in photoshop???

here's the pic

P'S: I searched for an answer on the board and there's a few with the same or related subject like mine, yet no solution or an answer that'll help me resolve this issue

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Those dots are process rosets. The software I scan with has a setting to eliminate them. So check the scanner settings, I bet there is a process color setting. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what setting would that be?

I have an epson all in one printer with a scanner

cx9400fax

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The scanner I use is HP and the setting is called "descreen". You might go to the Epson drivers page and see what they offer in the way of scanner software. :)

Reactions: dAi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Then I suspect that he doesn't have the right to use it...
that a good answer

just for help
try to blurry little on PS or any soft
or scan as TIFF or last resource you will end up need to fix the whole image on PS or any soft you will need to use
a good option its the healing tool

good luck

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that a good answer

just for help
try to blurry little on PS or any soft
or scan as TIFF or last resource you will end up need to fix the whole image on PS or any soft you will need to use
a good option its the healing tool

good luck
no it is, it's a great answer

the best one I've heard so far in this thread

good job papo

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
not to be a jerk BUT.........if you are a serious designer/artist whatever you should invest in a better scanner than an "all-in-one".

are the photos printed on a matte paper or is it a glossy print? a bad original image is going to result in a bad scan your customer has to realize that. if he is a licensed dealer then he should be able to get licensed advertising packets from those companies, not give you a magazine page that has already been process printed and expect you to work miracles. if it's that important to him tell him to get on the phone and ask the companies for some real photos.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Tim's got a really good point,
anyone I use as a vendor in almost any capacity is more than happy to let me help sell for them and will come across quite cheerfully with any promotional materials at their disposal. San Mar is a good case in point, when it comes to fashion photography for websites or brochures they are simply awesome. I have gotten permission from people I never thought would, (big companies) given I am a small independent. So it never hurts to ask. :)

Reactions: dAi
1 - 14 of 14 Posts