T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
On an Epson printer, one would use a syringe and adapter thingy to gently push cleaning fluid through the head. Those items are made by third-parties, not Epson. I don't know what is available along those lines for Sawgrass printers. Maybe google something like: "How to manually clean the head of a Sawgrass printer." There are many videos showing how to do this for Epson printers; not sure how/if the process would differ for Sawgrass.

The SG500 prints 8.5" wide, correct? If this has soured you on Sawgrass, you might look into an Epson ET-2720 (or one of it's slightly more expensive siblings if you want more/different paper trays) with third party ink from one of the better known ink providers, such as Cobra, Cosmos, or InkOwl. Everything is so much cheaper and more under your control.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the possibility that a power spike when the power went out/on might have damaged or glitched the printer and caused the behavior. Your head should not plug after just 2 days of not being used. (I run a test print on mine once a week if I haven't used it much, just to ensure all the colors get some exercise.) Have you turned the thing off, unplugged it, and let it set for like 10 minutes? That might clear a random glitch that occurred at startup, but wouldn't help if there is actual damage to the circuits.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.