T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I purchased my SG500 from ProWorld and it IS still under warranty so I鈥榤馃someone here can help? I did try getting assistance from Sawgrass but it only left me more frustrated馃く!!

Where it ALL BEGAN:
Power went out for 2 days knocking my printer offline for 2 days! After power came back on everything "seemed" to be OK until later in the day went I tried making a print and both Y & M inks were totally depleted!

Then on to trouble-shooting with Sawgrass:
I was told the printer purged the ink due to going through the necessary maintenance after being powered down for 2 days. After installing 2 new ink cartridges (Y & M) they depleted as well!! Now, I am told the printer may be trying to flush out clogg and to clean the capping station? Using HOT distilled water I cleaned the capping station 5 times!! Afterwards, installed 2 more ink cartridges (Y & M) along with a NEW Maintenance Tank! And guess what? YEP, THOSE CARTRIDGES DEPLETED AS WELL!!

$522 LATER ($82 X 6 ink cartridges $492 + $30 maintenance tank):
If able to foresee into the future.... I could have purchased a brand new Sawgrass printer and saved the agravation!! Not knowing just how many cartridges I will have to purchase before issue is resolved, I asked Sawgrass if they could reimburse me for the ink cartridges I purchased thus far?? Sawgrass will NOT reimburse any ink until AFTER all trouble-shooting is complete and printer back up and running! BUT, they did offer me A FREE MONTH OF CREATIVE STUDIO valued at $19.99 (Do they even understand my printer isn't working at the moment?)馃え!!

Fast Forward to now:

Per nozzle report: Yellow FINALLY looks good馃馃徏!! MAGENTA STILL NOT showing up on nozzle reports?? Something must be blocking it, right?? Printer isn't showing any error codes? Any suggestions?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated馃挏

Rebecca

Registered
On an Epson printer, one would use a syringe and adapter thingy to gently push cleaning fluid through the head. Those items are made by third-parties, not Epson. I don't know what is available along those lines for Sawgrass printers. Maybe google something like: "How to manually clean the head of a Sawgrass printer." There are many videos showing how to do this for Epson printers; not sure how/if the process would differ for Sawgrass.

The SG500 prints 8.5" wide, correct? If this has soured you on Sawgrass, you might look into an Epson ET-2720 (or one of it's slightly more expensive siblings if you want more/different paper trays) with third party ink from one of the better known ink providers, such as Cobra, Cosmos, or InkOwl. Everything is so much cheaper and more under your control.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the possibility that a power spike when the power went out/on might have damaged or glitched the printer and caused the behavior. Your head should not plug after just 2 days of not being used. (I run a test print on mine once a week if I haven't used it much, just to ensure all the colors get some exercise.) Have you turned the thing off, unplugged it, and let it set for like 10 minutes? That might clear a random glitch that occurred at startup, but wouldn't help if there is actual damage to the circuits.

Registered
Hi,
I purchased my SG500 from ProWorld and it IS still under warranty so I鈥榤馃someone here can help? I did try getting assistance from Sawgrass but it only left me more frustrated馃く!!

Where it ALL BEGAN:
Power went out for 2 days knocking my printer offline for 2 days! After power came back on everything "seemed" to be OK until later in the day went I tried making a print and both Y & M inks were totally depleted!

Then on to trouble-shooting with Sawgrass:
I was told the printer purged the ink due to going through the necessary maintenance after being powered down for 2 days. After installing 2 new ink cartridges (Y & M) they depleted as well!! Now, I am told the printer may be trying to flush out clogg and to clean the capping station? Using HOT distilled water I cleaned the capping station 5 times!! Afterwards, installed 2 more ink cartridges (Y & M) along with a NEW Maintenance Tank! And guess what? YEP, THOSE CARTRIDGES DEPLETED AS WELL!!

$522 LATER ($82 X 6 ink cartridges $492 + $30 maintenance tank):
If able to foresee into the future.... I could have purchased a brand new Sawgrass printer and saved the agravation!! Not knowing just how many cartridges I will have to purchase before issue is resolved, I asked Sawgrass if they could reimburse me for the ink cartridges I purchased thus far?? Sawgrass will NOT reimburse any ink until AFTER all trouble-shooting is complete and printer back up and running! BUT, they did offer me A FREE MONTH OF CREATIVE STUDIO valued at $19.99 (Do they even understand my printer isn't working at the moment?)馃え!!

Fast Forward to now:

Per nozzle report: Yellow FINALLY looks good馃馃徏!! MAGENTA STILL NOT showing up on nozzle reports?? Something must be blocking it, right?? Printer isn't showing any error codes? Any suggestions?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated馃挏

Rebecca
Your vendor should have a technical support department to help you. I bought my Sawgrass 1000 from Conde Systems and they have a fantastic technical support department that returns your calls, guide you step by step with your issues, opens on weekends as well. See if they can help you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(Side Note: My wifi has been terribly slow for 2 weeks making it virtually impossible to reply or post馃く)

I took your advice and contacted ProWorld (where I purchased my printer). It was the BEST advice in the world馃槈, THANK YOU!! Danielle is super AWESOME btw馃挏!! She wasted no time in contacting her Sawgrass Service Rep. making them aware of my situation and by the 3rd day Danielle reached out to me via email indicating Sawgrass will be sending me out a NEW PRINTER馃槼!! I read her email twice to make sure I read it correctly LOL.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR ADVICE!!
THANK YOU - DANIELLE, PROWORLD, & SAWGRASS SERVICE REP.!!
AND THANK YOU - SAWGRASS (the company) FOR TURNING THIS ALL AROUND馃槈!!

Rebecca

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.