T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the SG-800 for about 2 years now with the bundled VPM Virtuoso Print Manager with out a problem - have been using Inkowl refillables for the last year, since my warranty expired

I went to use it this week and Virtuoso had disappeared from my printer selection - I went to sawgrass and found that it had been replaced with SPM sawgrass print manager

I downloaded and installed, but it was crashing my adobe programs when I tried to print - on advice from Adobe, I uninstalled, downloaded again and installed

Now it prints a diagonal grid over everything that I output

the image that I attached is my test print and my print from Adobe

I have had virtually no problems with this printer until this upgrade - I downloaded legacy software to go back to business as usual to no avail - it asks for my password to sawgrass and then rejects it,

I reset it and it still rejects

any input or insight here? It seems kind of wrong to deny access to products and equipment that you pay for, because you choose to use another brand of ink

So I have a hard time accepting that answer as I think more highly of SG than that

Thanks for listening - oh and I made a delivery promise to a customer before I realized that things were going to go south on me :)

Attachments

· Registered
5,412 Posts
Here is the response from Sawgrass Support. I hope it helps.
Thank you for contacting Sawgrass Technical Support! I recommend for the customer to go back to using authentic Sawgrass inks. The only other alternative would be to print directly from their design software without using the Print Manager.

· Registered
1,568 Posts
I am in the exact same boat, using ink owl and sg800. cant believe they would stoop to that level of blocking the print like that.

Sawgrass would stoop to any level to force their overpriced, overrated inks on you.

Do yourself a favour and ditch the Print Manager for an ICC profile and continue using your current inks.

· Registered
1,568 Posts
I'll have to figure all of that out now.
Simple,really. Your ink supplier should be able to supply you with an ICC profile which you install on your computer.

You then switch OFF the printer colour management in the printer driver driver and switch ON the colour management in your software (eg. In Photoshop, set to 'Let Photoshop manage colours' and select your ICC from the drop-down list).

· Registered
1 Posts
I just joined this forum based on this thread (or whatever it's called, lol). I am frickn bent right now. I purchased an SG1000 last year and just upgraded to windows 10 for some video editing software. My printer wasn't printing, so I downloaded the new driver and installed it. I actually delivered a sub-par sublimation project because I had no choice but to print direct, and explained to the customer why in giving him the choice to take the work or not at no cost to him.

It won't let me revert to the old drivers or do anything except buy their ridiculously over-priced ink.

Anyway has anybody found a workaround from AI or PS?

I am going to be talking to an attorney -Epson, HP (i believe hp settled out of court), and Brother were all sued in class-action over this same type of behavior. It is illegal. If anybody knows a workaround please let me know, I'll keep trying and if I figure anything out, I'll post it here. Sorry to rant on my first post, but I'm super annoyed by this rip-off and what it has cost! Thanks

· Registered
1 Posts
I have been using the SG-800 for about 2 years now with the bundled VPM Virtuoso Print Manager with out a problem - have been using Inkowl refillables for the last year, since my warranty expired

I went to use it this week and Virtuoso had disappeared from my printer selection - I went to sawgrass and found that it had been replaced with SPM sawgrass print manager

I downloaded and installed, but it was crashing my adobe programs when I tried to print - on advice from Adobe, I uninstalled, downloaded again and installed

Now it prints a diagonal grid over everything that I output

the image that I attached is my test print and my print from Adobe

I have had virtually no problems with this printer until this upgrade - I downloaded legacy software to go back to business as usual to no avail - it asks for my password to sawgrass and then rejects it,

I reset it and it still rejects

any input or insight here? It seems kind of wrong to deny access to products and equipment that you pay for, because you choose to use another brand of ink

So I have a hard time accepting that answer as I think more highly of SG than that

Thanks for listening - oh and I made a delivery promise to a customer before I realized that things were going to go south on me :)
My printer is doing the same thing. I read online that it’s because I’m using a different ink. I regret ever purchasing this printer!! SG is a money hungry company! My small Epson printer is so much easier to use!!

· Registered
1,568 Posts
My printer is doing the same thing. I read online that it’s because I’m using a different ink. I regret ever purchasing this printer!! SG is a money hungry company! My small Epson printer is so much easier to use!!
So ditch Print Manager and install your own ICC profiles, then you don't have to use the extortionately overpriced SG inks.

· Registered
1 Posts
Same… it’s always something… miserable horrible headache from all of this… I literally just wanted to print a few coffee mugs for family photos for the upcoming holiday. It’s “office space” printer justice for this broken brick of useless fodder. I’m sorry, there literally are not words to describe my absolute furry and discontent with the SG500, the ink, the support, the Sawgrass company as a whole, their ineptitude, and the lot. I literally regret this experience worse than my toxic ex and all of her narcissistic ways. I’d sooner cuddle with the devil than to ever purchase or continue to use their products, ink, software/web-ware ever again. The software is trash, the user interface of this printer is trash, their money gouging platitudes trash! I feel so strongly negative to this whole experience I am choosing to disassemble everything Sawgrass I own, with extreme prejudice, 4th of July style. I will record said event in 4k, capture stills from that video, and print an entire set of inks worth of images with whatever Epson printer is recommended I buy, and make an entire line of products with said images. In fact, I will consider changing my company logo to a gif of a Sawgrass printer ablaze in a trash can. For the first 100 items sold you two can own your very own real life piece of a SG500 printer, free piece of charred shrapnel with every mug. Clark Griswold meltdown complete, you may carry on.

· Administrator
18,438 Posts
Same… it’s always something… miserable horrible headache from all of this… I literally just wanted to print a few coffee mugs for family photos for the upcoming holiday. It’s “office space” printer justice for this broken brick of useless fodder. I’m sorry, there literally are not words to describe my absolute furry and discontent with the SG500, the ink, the support, the Sawgrass company as a whole, their ineptitude, and the lot. I literally regret this experience worse than my toxic ex and all of her narcissistic ways. I’d sooner cuddle with the devil than to ever purchase or continue to use their products, ink, software/web-ware ever again. The software is trash, the user interface of this printer is trash, their money gouging platitudes trash! I feel so strongly negative to this whole experience I am choosing to disassemble everything Sawgrass I own, with extreme prejudice, 4th of July style. I will record said event in 4k, capture stills from that video, and print an entire set of inks worth of images with whatever Epson printer is recommended I buy, and make an entire line of products with said images. In fact, I will consider changing my company logo to a gif of a Sawgrass printer ablaze in a trash can. For the first 100 items sold you two can own your very own real life piece of a SG500 printer, free piece of charred shrapnel with every mug. Clark Griswold meltdown complete, you may carry on.
Yeah, but tell us how you really feel? :LOL:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.