T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to take the plunge into DTG, and am leaning toward the MelcoJet or Sawgrass units. I understand the MelcoJet is an Anajet printer, but am wondering if anyone has experience dealing with these two companies - service, etc. Any general comments about my choice would be appreciated as well.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
We just purchased an anajet. People there very nice.
I got samples of both last year at the sgia show. From the samples I would never get the sawgrass myself.
Went to training last Thursday in Cali and hope to have my machine by the end of this week.

We have a brother now and love it but wanted something for darks as well

Good luck on whatever you choose

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have the Anajet, and have always been happy with service from the MFG. I was excited when they brought Melco into the fold because Melco has a very strong and "in place" service commitment with their Embroidery line. They have techs that travel around for their embroidery machines(though I'm not sure if they are currently servicing the DTGs on the road). It would be a good bet that this is the case. Ask them about it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
We are just setting up our Malcojet today. We were told that we can't call Anajet directly, that if it needs to be done they will do it. We have to wait till tomorrow as we I guess have air bubbles that need to settle. I'll let you know. There's also a user group for Anajet, I emailed them tonight to see if Malcojet users can join.
John

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
John,

Yes, the owners of the MelcoJet are more than welcome to participate in the AnajetUsers.com forum since it is basically the same printer. I sent you a private message tonight asking for what you want your login, password (which you can change later) and email so I can setup an account for you. Best wishes with your printer in the future.

Mark

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
I am so happy to hear about your machines John and Teresa :) Please let us know how everything goes and if you need any help.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
John,

Yes, the owners of the MelcoJet are more than welcome to participate in the AnajetUsers.com forum since it is basically the same printer. I sent you a private message tonight asking for what you want your login, password (which you can change later) and email so I can setup an account for you. Best wishes with your printer in the future.

Mark
Thank you so much Mark, even if you only play a lawyer on TV...lol :D That was you right?

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Oh sorry Teresa is martinwoods :) She is also getting a new anajet.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Update: We messed with it lot yesterday trying to get the ink in all the lines. Couldn't get a good nozzle check so were letting it sit overnight to see if its air bubbles...will let you know.
Other that that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play...lol
:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We are just setting up our Malcojet today. We were told that we can't call Anajet directly, that if it needs to be done they will do it. We have to wait till tomorrow as we I guess have air bubbles that need to settle. I'll let you know. There's also a user group for Anajet, I emailed them tonight to see if Malcojet users can join.
John
Many thanks for your response. I'm looking forward to hearing how your start-up progresses. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Eureka, We have Print...lol Were printing on some white shirts this AM and the look Great. Just have to learn the placement, We will try Black shirts this afternoon. I'll Let you know.
John :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
I own a melcojet and would not do it if I was you. If I could go back and get a different machine, I would. I have had my machine for 6 months and have only gotten 10 shirts printed with it on darks. The machine was down over a month while we have gone back and forth every day trying to fix it. After a month, they requested me to send it back. I was told they would send me a refurbished machine and take mine back. I was then told that was not the case (AKA, went back on their word) and I could only send mine back in to get fixed. They then tell they are going to charge me $150 for a box for me to send it in and it would ship out the next day going UPS 3 day. A week later, the box has not even shipped. Oh, did I forget to tell you it is going to take a month to get the machine back. Maybe Anajet is better but stay away from Melco.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Clark, please keep us updated on the progress. I'm sorry you have had so much trouble but some times in the manufacturing process thing screw up and you got a lemon. I have to keep an open mind as a 15K investment is a lot.
Melco has a very good name in Embroidery machines and so does Anajet for DTG, as I've seen no negatives on this forum for this machine except yours. I don't know how long Melco has had a DTG but I tend to agree the Tech support is lacking and you can't contact Anajet directly. Prehaps it would be in Melco's best interist to pay Anajet for support.
Let us know and Best Wishis, John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I own a melcojet and would not do it if I was you. If I could go back and get a different machine, I would. I have had my machine for 6 months and have only gotten 10 shirts printed with it on darks. The machine was down over a month while we have gone back and forth every day trying to fix it. After a month, they requested me to send it back. I was told they would send me a refurbished machine and take mine back. I was then told that was not the case (AKA, went back on their word) and I could only send mine back in to get fixed. They then tell they are going to charge me $150 for a box for me to send it in and it would ship out the next day going UPS 3 day. A week later, the box has not even shipped. Oh, did I forget to tell you it is going to take a month to get the machine back. Maybe Anajet is better but stay away from Melco.
Thanks for relating your experience Clark. That's my main fear - spend $15k and get poor performance and no support. Keep us posted, especially if you find out what the problem component(s) is.

·
Registered
92 Posts
As far as support goes. the guys are nice but nice does not help. If you send in anemail. they say they will gt back to you withing 24 hours. Some of my emails have gone 5 days with no response.

·
Registered
424 Posts
As far as support goes. the guys are nice but nice does not help. If you send in anemail. they say they will gt back to you withing 24 hours. Some of my emails have gone 5 days with no response.

Is this Anajet support or Melco support?

If you are having problems with Anajet support, I would suggest you get your sales person involved.

I have never purchased from Melco so I don't know how they operate but I would think a call to your sales person letting them know you were unhappy might help grease the wheels as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts