T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
under your export it should have a "save as file type" or something like that (just spitballing from post work memory) and with x6 it should have at the very top the most frequent used file types starting with pdf, ai, i think jpg and png ... select ai then ok. It will then bring up your compatibility menu and you can select version and it will tell you issues it will have to self fix (in case you want to fix them yourself) other than that it should be an easy step. I have to do this about once a week ... no issues.

· Registered
480 Posts
There are ways of doing it, however, they will have to very careful nothing different once it is opened in Illustrator.....At the end of the day they are different programs there is a "chance" that the result is different in the other program....
this always happens to me. a client will bring their font in .AI to me and I have Wilcom/CorelDraw. transfer the file and it would be a totally different font. unless they created their art or font I cannot transfer their image right.

· Registered
6,848 Posts
I always save as an EPS instead of an AI. Haven't had any issues with people opening my EPS files on other platforms.
I did not say they could not open it.....I am just saying that on occasion there will be changes from one program to the other....This has been discussed in great detail on various Adobe forums......

· Registered
2,510 Posts
I actually had an odd issue a few times exporting AI from Corel and attempting to reimport it into Corel on another PC. Same version and everything. AI is "version based" -- so you can (or should) pick what version of AI you want to export.

EPS is not really version based, but actual Postscript (although you CAN select PS3 or PS2, etc). It appears to be more compatible, but there are definitely risks of losing gradient objects, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.