T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm looking to find a place where I can find any of the following(By the way, I'm not looking for freebies, just looking for a cheap price to practice on)

-Sample T-shirt materials(For heat transfer testing):
Can you buy pieces of material not made into T-Shirts yet? For example, and unsewn piece, maybe a 12" by 12" square? I'd like to buy several vendor sample pieces to try transferring on to(Gilden 50/50, Gilden 100%, Hanes 50/50, etc)

-Irregulars(For heat transfer testing)
If sample pieces aren't available, then maybe I can get irregulars at a great price to practice on.

-T-shirt packs(For style, fit, and material comparison):
Most vendor of course want you to buy bulk to get a great price, but is it possible to purchase a sample pack of 1 of each type of shirt. For example, I'd like to get something like this:
- Jerzee Pack: Heavy weight 100%, light weight 100%, crew neck, Womens 50/50 heavy weight, etc.
- Gilden Pack: Gilden Womens ultra cotton, 4.5oz 100% Cotton Ladies fitted, Gilden heavy weight Cotten, Gilden Ultra Cotton, adult 4.5oz 100% cotton, tall 6.1oz cotton, Gilden Ultra Blend 50/50, etc.

Thanks...

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hello Joe,

I do not know of one source for what you're seeking, but I do know that what you're seeking is available.

What I have done is either asked the manufacturer directly for material when I needed to test or contact a distributor for it. Some sold imperfections/remnants, others sold only good, completely made shirts that you have to practice on.

I would contact Gildan, Hanes and Jerzees, along with contacting distributors of their products to find what you're seeking.

Good luck with your search!

AB

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Have you checked out your local fabric store? Although the fabric won't be exactly the same you could get some experience. I use Joann Fabrics - they frequently have big sales. For actual samples might you know someone who has old T's they don't need? Anyone with kids who have played sports probably has lots of T's that can no longer be worn.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Resale shop such as Goodwill Store is a great place to buy sample fabric for practice.
There will probably be all the brands you are looking for and many more.
Print on the back of the shirt or cut it into pieces for practice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts