T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so happy to have found this forum! I have recently set up a website selling funny offensive sports t-shirts. Unfortunately,because the site was done in PHP I have not been able to optimize it for the search engines(and haven't sold anything). I'm contemplating scrapping the entire site and starting all over(there are also some other issues with it.) However, after reading through some posts on this informative site, I'm beginning to think about exactly HOW I want to start all over. I am not a designer, but I LOVE conceptualizing SLOGO's. A slogo is a design with both a slogan and a logo. I literally have hundreds of ideas written down just waiting to be created. I initially used clip art in my designs and had color and simple slogans added. I also added a brand graphic/name, but I'm just going to take that out and stick with the "SLOGO" theme. I would love to launch a BRAND in the future, but that requires an ad budget that I currently don't have. In the future, I would like to find a regular designer to work with for both developing clip art and original designs. I really know that my future is in this industry, but I think doing this ALONE will never allow me to focus and develop skills in the areas where I have the most raw talent: conceptualizing and marketing. Maybe someday through this forum, I will find someone else to work with and we will complement each other! Until then, I look forward to some excellent education reading through all of these posts. If you want to check out my site: www.funny-offensive-sports.com And one comment: My GIF pictures of the shirts on my home page need HELP. I am not sure what i did wrong. i tried to optimize for the web through photoshop. Anyway, the only reason my site is still up is NOT to sell any shirts. I am keeping my options open and may contact some companies about potentially developing t-shirt designs for them. Since I am not a designer and don't have a ready made portfolio, I figured the site might be a good alternative. ok, sorry for the novel. I'm just SOOOOOO happy to have found this site. I have a feeling this is EXACTLY what I need to start moving forward again. Enjoy your evening, Tony Le Tigre :)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hi Tony, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

because the site was done in PHP I have not been able to optimize it for the search engines(and haven't sold anything)
A site done in PHP can be easily optimized for search engines. PHP doesn't stop search engine optimization at all. You just have to get a coder to remove the php sessionIDs (if you can't do it yourself, you may want to try outsourcing a coder from a place like rentacoder). Make sure you know what you're asking for before you ask though, so you know you're getting the right thing the first time :)

You have some really clean graphics there that would work for a sports line of tees. As Lucy likes to mention, even selling the graphics to places that make transfers could be a way to go.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodney said:
As Lucy likes to mention, even selling the graphics to places that make transfers could be a way to go.
Hi Rodney, thanks for the encouragement. I can already tell these forums are going to have a BIG impact on me. I'm already reading about options that I never knew existed. Thanks for putting together all this RELEVANT info on the t-shirt industry! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts