T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi Mike,

what exactly are you looking to do? are you in the printing business or are you looking to get one run of t's done for an event?

I totally agree, what business are you getting into.

Hollister, Abercrombe & Fitch, Harley Davidson are in selling shirt business. They have learned to concentrate on doing what they do well, design and sell, and hire professional printers to do what they do well.....

Sorry for the little rant. I guess I see on here a lot of people that want to have a business but continually try and run it as a hobbie..... on well its a rainy cold Monday here and its 2PM and I haven't eaten all day yet.......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the response! We want to design and sell....not be a screenprinter. Didn't know if it was worth it to buy the equipment to run off a limited amount and see how they come out versus ordering 4 doz at a time....then possibly running the risk of the shirts not being the way you want. However the equipment is very expensive. What do you think?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think you answered your own question , if you just want to design and sell you should concentrate on those aspects.

The money you don't invest in start up for the printing aspect should give you a head start to finance a quality website and other marketing strategies.

Take the time to find a printer who understands what you want out of your product and is able to offer a consistent quality product.

If your designs prove to be a success you could explore producing yourself at a later date.

Walk first then run !

Good Luck

ian

·
Registered
861 Posts
thanks for the response! We want to design and sell....not be a screenprinter. Didn't know if it was worth it to buy the equipment to run off a limited amount and see how they come out versus ordering 4 doz at a time....then possibly running the risk of the shirts not being the way you want. However the equipment is very expensive. What do you think?
Aside from the startup costs you mentioned,the learning curve for screenprinting can be steep, especially jumping right into specialty design work, my advice to you is do your homework and find a printer that knows exactly what you are looking for and has a good reputation, and as Ian said,focus on the design and selling aspect of your new line, as you will definately have your handsful with it:)

best of luck to you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.