T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't even sold a shirt yet. I'm going today to pick up my first order of shirts, about 250 of them. I have preprinted transfers from proworld. I'm planning a booth this weekend at a couple of events.

Already I've had a guy here in town find out what I am doing. He asked about custom racing shirts for his family. They just bought a JR dragster for his kid. I also make signs. He said he'll need some decals and possibly get the car lettered.
The big one was last night when I got a call form my uncle. He is high up in the VFW (vetrans of foriegn wars) here in town. They are looking for shirts for their volunteers. They wear them on "poppy days" and when they sell candy on the street. He said they'll need 100 to 200 0f them. I'll make them The best deal I can since It's for the VFW. But I'll still make good money on it.
I should've done this a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'd say you're going to want to look into screen printing. With an order of 100-200, I'd have them printed by someone else who does contract printing. You buy the shirts, they print and charge you for the print, then you mark the shirt up (usually 100%). I think that would be more cost effective for you and your customer than transfers. Just a suggestion. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts